As our tech teams in Sofia continue to grow, we need an experienced developer who can guide us in setting up a microservices architecture and evolving our stack.
Our story (the bitesize version):
From salads in Sofia to ramen in Rotterdam, millions of food-lovers order on our platform every week. Having expanded as Just Eat Takeaway, we’re now operating in 23 countries around the world!
The secret to our success is tech. From designers and developers to software and IT support specialists, our tech teams ensure that innovation is always on the menu.
All about the role:
As our Senior Java Developer, you work closely with the Team Lead and other team members to create and maintain technical specifications, designs and schedules in the development of our restaurant portal.
That includes writing and implementing significant portions of clean, maintainable and well-documented code, ensuring established standards of quality for documentation and coding.
In this varied role, we’re also counting on you to:
- Provide technical direction to other Programming team members
- Anticipate and resolve issues and problems that arise, finding alternative approaches and solutions
- Recognise issues and help the team adapt to changing conditions
- Foster teamwork, whilst requiring little direction and being able to work independently
Can you deliver…
Here are the ingredients we’re looking for from you:
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience as a Developer, with a background in Java, Spring/Spring Boot and debugging techniques
- In-depth Docker and containerization knowledge
- Good experience in Git VCS
- Strong software design skills & knowledge of current software design practices & modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, interface design
- Experience and knowledge in database methodologies & database systems
- Proficiency with at least two operating systems (Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux) – thorough knowledge of one is vital
- Good project-planning and estimating skills, with the ability to keep projects moving through obstacles and find assistance when necessary
- Knowledge of web technologies, communication protocols and techniques
- Fluent English (written & spoken) and good communication skills
Bonus points will be given for…
- Experience working with event streaming or message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ);
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban);
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Helm;
- Knowledge of Domain-Driver Design;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment (GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, etc.);
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEs.
Here is our offer...
- Like the perfect food pairing, your skills and these great rewards belong together:
- Competitive salary with incentives in accordance with your experience
- An impactful and varied role as part of a talented, international tech team
- An environment where your ideas are heard and you have room to develop your skills
- A dynamic and friendly workplace in Sofia
- The opportunity to learn new concepts and further develop your skills
- Free drinks & fruit, lunch vouchers and several sports benefits
- Fantastic team and company events