The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 930 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 20-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Engineering and Continuity organization provides multitude of products and services related to operations and continuity of business delivery. The Service Engineering teams make the SAP Cloud Platform run better by providing 24x7 deep technical coverage for Incident Management (Outages and other incidents with major customer impact) applying SRE principles. We share a Live Site First culture and care for the business continuity of our customers running mission critical applications on top of the Cloud Platform.
We are establishing a new Service Engineering Team in our organization that shall proactively drive continuous improvement of the whole productive landscape and actively participate in incident management and problem investigations. Having broad technical knowledge about the infrastructure, the services and the platform, our engineers can solve incidents, drive and implement automation and develop central tools. The mission of the team is to provide, protect and improve the software and systems behind productive services on SAP Cloud Platform (SAP CP) with an ever-watchful eye on the availability, performance, and capacity. We are looking for experienced software support engineer to join our Service Engineering team responsible for the availability and support of Cloud Foundry Services on SAP Cloud Platform.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Cloud Service Engineer in the SAP CP Service Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to operate and support complex SAP CP services, analyze performance issues, proactively monitor the service behavior and identify areas for improvement. You will participate in the development of tools for monitoring and troubleshooting cloud services built on latest open source and SAP technologies, following SRE principles.
- Actively monitor system availability and performance metrics. React on incidents on a deep technical expertise level, investigate and solve problems. Drive root cause analysis and follow-up improvements. Note that this includes participation in operations support on-call shifts for reacting to major incidents. It comes with special compensation package.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting and log analysis to identify and solve complex support issues involving multiple software components and request processing layers
- Build software-based solutions to prevent recurrences of incidents and improve service stability and reliability
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
- Enhance infrastructure and platform monitoring by gathering system metrics and implementing tools for recovery
- Integrate and collaborate closely with development teams and work with them on outputs from Post Mortems and product improvements
- Perform planned database operations following written procedure as part of preplanned or emergency downtime windows
- Perform regular and ad-hoc maintenance tasks on the DC (e.g. bi-weekly sprint deployment, hotfix deployment)
- Participate in change management and validation of new software releases
- Work in an international environment
- Learn new technologies and keep up to date with latest development increments and help junior team members build knowledge and expertise
- Participate in the weekend and overnight on-call rotation
If you are interested in software engineering based on cutting-edge technology, you will find an inspiring and professional environment for your learning and growth. You will be working in close collaboration with the development teams that build the services which are in your responsibility. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Required skills and competencies:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Good understanding of modern cloud architectures
- Experience with debugging and profiling tools
- Enthusiasm for automation - make the computers do the work for you
- Experience with REST APIs
- Working efficiently in emergency situations. Affinity to quickly analyze and solve problems in a worldwide team setup
- Excellent team player, passionate about his/her work, self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication skills - precise, based on facts
- Fluency in English
Professional experience in at least one of the following areas and good knowledge for the rest:
- Java (or another OOP language) programs support and troubleshooting
- Scripting and automation
- Unix/Linux and operating system principles
- Network architecture, e.g. TCP/IP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing
- Database Administration and support
- Security best practices for application development and operations in Cloud Environment
Experience with any of the following is considered an advantage:
- Cloud infrastructures and services, e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
- Distributed systems and container technology
- Git, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Gradle
- Working in a multicultural, worldwide team setup
- Working in Agile environment
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.