SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Analytics and Intelligent Technologies development unit is building the next generation cloud Analytics platform, which is also the foundation of the SAP Digital Boardroom. It is also building many SAP Machine Learning applications. Our development organization is spread globally with Walldorf, Vancouver, Bangalore, Paris, Dublin, Budapest and Sofia being our largest locations.
To enable our solutions to be successful in this fast-growing market, a best-in-class operation team working by the DevOps principles is fundamentally necessary, combining industry-standard concepts with our mission to fulfil all our customer’s expectations towards SAP, as the cloud company powered by SAP HANA.
To establish this team, we are looking for DevOps engineers to join us in providing world-class cloud operation. If you are motivated to learn, practice and devote your energy to operating our fast-growing analytical cloud products, then come and be part of our success story!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Provision, monitor and operate customer’s instances of our cloud solutions
- Ensure fast troubleshooting, resolution, root cause analysis and improvement measures in case of incidents
- Take part of and drive global team projects (e.g. setting up our Cloud solutions in new Data Centers; creating/optimizing procedures and processes, onboarding new application solutions and services, and many others)
- Work in a cross-functional agile team collaborating closely with operations and development colleagues in an international environment
- Contribute to optimizing the efficiency and lowering the price of service operations
- This role requires 24/7 shifts including weekends and night shift work.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Education and work experience
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Monitoring, operation and administration of JAVA applications and HANA database
- Issue resolution experience, including Root Cause Analysis
Required skills and competencies
- Critical thinking with a passion for engineering and service excellence
- Excellent team player, self-motivated, passionate and highly driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn new concepts and technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems throughout the whole technology stack
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Fluent English
Experience with any of the following is considered an advantage
- Experience with Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, CloudFoundry) and IT infrastructure virtualization is a strong advantage
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases and programing on them
- Experiences with web services, networking and internet
We welcome candidates with professional experience in the IT area as well as graduates who want to start their future development career.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.