We are constantly expanding our Tech team in Sofia and are looking for professionals to join our projects and take up the development of our restaurant portal and B2B products.
If you want to work with latest technologies for the global leader in the online food delivery marketplace, check us out!
Our story (the bitesize version):
From salads in Sofia to ramen in Rotterdam, millions of food-lovers order on our platform every week. Having expanded as Just Eat Takeaway, we’re now operating in 23 countries around the world!
The secret to our success is tech. From designers and developers to software and IT support specialists, our tech teams ensure that innovation is always on the menu.
All about the role:
As our Senior PHP Software Developer you will be driving the software development of our European platform with innovative high quality code.
In this varied role, we’re also counting on you to:
- Write code that is maintainable, testable and clean
- Build applications and services that will scale effectively
- Communicate through API and event driven constructs while collaborating with your team members to create innovative and creative solutions to improve and innovate our high-traffic platform
Can you deliver...
- You have at least 4 years of back-end/ full stack development experience
- You are proficient with PHP (OOP) and familiar with good practices, standards and PHP SPL
- You have extensive experience with at least one PHP framework, e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Zend etc.
- You have deep knowledge of web servers' configurations such as nginx and Apache
- You have deep knowledge and extensive experience with Docker and Docker orchestration
- You have good knowledge of microservices architecture and (RESTful) APIs
- You have good knowledge of Git code versioning and practical experience with Gitlab CI/CD
- You have working experience with event streaming platforms and Kafka
- You have working experience with relational database design for MySQL in creating optimized web pages, SQL queries, and database structures for high-load environments
- You have working experience with cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- You practice Test Driven Development using unit-testing technologies
Bonus points will be given for...
- In-depth knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of Linux-based OS and Web Servers
- Experience with cache servers and servers (Redis, Memcache, etc.)
- Working experience with RabbitMQ, IronMQ, etc.
- Working experience with Kubernetes
- Knowing or working with Scrum framework
Here is our offer:
- A place where your ideas are heard and where you can really grow and learn with your team
- A more than competitive salary with (long term) incentives in accordance with your experience
- Awesome teams and people, in a fast-growing company
- Being part of a young, professional and truly international team
- The opportunity to learn new concepts and practice them in a safe environment
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Free drinks and fruits, lunch vouchers and several sports benefits
- Regular awesome team events
- Takeaway offers career advancement and great compensation. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.