Fixed.net is a WordPress Maintenance Agency founded in 2018. We look after thousands of websites and manage them through my.fixed.net, our single page application developed with Vue.js and built atop Google’s Cloud Platform (Firebase/Firestore).
At present we’re mainly a ‘service’ business, providing customers with an unprecedented support experience - all managed through our bespoke and powerful backend. We want to integrate our application much more deeply with our WordPress plugin, creating an excellent industry-leading SAAS platform for WordPress management.
By joining our team you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the latest (and most exciting) frontend technologies, be part of a truly agile workforce and impact the way we work by collectively reviewing and improving processes.
We have a beautiful office in the centre of Sofia, though we are open to remote working in some circumstances. You will be working with an extended team based globally.
- Lead the development effort of our frontend app and take responsibility for the code being deployed – ensuring code is fully tested, robust and secure
- Understand key stakeholder requirements and how they translate to functionality
- Maintain coding rigour, standards and best practices
- Make underlying architectural decisions and improvements
- Audit and optimise build scripts and general application performance
- Always seek to improve tooling and the development process
- Maintain the stack – keep on top of dependency vulnerabilities etc
- Take on board feature requests from support staff, team members and customers – triaging requests.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A background in computer science and/or software engineering
- Real-world experience with Google Cloud Platform (Firestore etc)
- Extensive professional experience in developing real-world applications
- A good eye for design and attention to detail
- Able to lead technical discussions, conduct code reviews & triage issues
- Able to understand and interpret complex business problems
- Comfortable working within a remote agile development team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An innovative and collaborative mind-set
- A team player – both within your direct function and outside it
- Honest and accountable
- Customer and business orientated
In return for your hard work, we offer a competitive package and great company benefits which recognises your contribution. You’d work within a fun yet hard-working meritocratic environment, surrounded by a technical, pragmatic and focused team. Fixed recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance.