We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays a key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Business Technology Platform. With its more than 1350 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions toward life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 22-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Developer for Extended Application Services Advanced (XSA), your job will involve working in Agile Scrum team to design, build, test, deliver and provide support for strong platform functions and services using Node.JS and Java. XSA is an environment for microservices-based polyglot web applications in the cloud and on-premise and an essential contribution to the SAP HANA Platform. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting our customers in using our products and channeling their feedback back into the development cycle.
- Contributing to the creation and execution of roadmap for XSA to align its architecture with our cloud strategy.
- Developing and enhancing the integration infrastructure using modern CI/CD technology.
- Building a strong connection with all teams involved and especially the HANA database development organization.
- Being involved in every stage of software services development, from design discussions, implementation, testing, customer support, to deployment and operations.
- Coaching and guiding less experienced teammates in your team.
More information for us is available on LinkedIn.
What you bring
- Experience in building production software systems and professional coding (4+ years).
- Proficiency in Node.js and/or Java is a must.
- Interest or knowledge in Python, Linux-based hosts, and Docker containers would be advantageous.
- Experience with SQL databases, preferably SAP HANA.
- Experience with using, operating, and developing cloud infrastructures is a plus.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in an agile development environment.
- A mindset that embraces continuous learning and openness to new ideas.
- Good communication skills in English are essential.
Meet your team
The BTP Foundation – On Premise organization has the goal of safeguarding our customers’ technology investments and paving the way to a cloud/hybrid platform. #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.