The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Business Technology Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Our T&I Cloud Operations team, with locations in Bengaluru, Sofia, Walldorf, Berlin and Vancouver, is responsible for the operations of all SAP Business Technology Platform cloud services delivered to our internal and external customers. We ensure the 7/24 system monitoring, incident management, drive improvements via our problem management process, create transparency via our reports, meetings and communication channels and support development teams with coordination on change management and cloud operation compliance topics. We work very close with all T&I product development teams according to the DevOps principles and have set-up our team in the SRE mode. On SAP level we drive and align process and tool improvements together with other cloud operation teams and all central teams.
Therefore, we are looking for an open-minded talent, who is interested in:
- consulting and supporting development teams according to IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices.
- working with the latest Cloud technologies and architectures.
- applying DevOps principles as part of your daily work.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Perform Incident Management and ensure customer SLAs.
- Drive and moderate resolution of issues relating to our business-critical services.
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents.
- Establish bridge calls to facilitate incident management.
- Problem Management - drive root cause analysis and ensure implementation of mitigations.
- Design and develop processes/procedures/tools to manage a rapidly growing number of services.
- Engage in software performance analysis and continuous service improvement.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Stellar communication skills – precise, based on facts.
- ITIL knowledge & experience in Incident Management and Problem Management processes.
- Troubleshooting / Support experience and experience in System Monitoring processes.
- Affinity to quickly analyze and drive resolution of problems in a worldwide team setup.
- Working efficiently in emergency situations.
- Problem solving & decision-making attitude.
- Fluency in English.
- Understanding of modern cloud/web architectures.
- Knowledge in network architecture, e.g. TCP/IP, load balancing.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Knowledge in one of the Scripting (e.g. Python, Java, Java script, Shell scripting).
- ITIL foundation certificate. ITIL Expert is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development or operations
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.