The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Business Technology Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Technology & Innovation (T&I) board area is responsible for SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) – the platform for the Intelligent Enterprise that includes technologies like SAP Integration Suite, SAP Extension Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Analytics, and Intelligent Technologies. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value.
Our T&I Cloud Operations team, with locations in Bengaluru, Sofia, Walldorf, Berlin and Vancouver, is responsible for the operations of all SAP Business Technology Platform cloud services delivered to our internal and external customers. We ensure the 24/7 system monitoring, incident management, drive improvements via our problem management process, create transparency via our reports, meetings and communication channels and support development teams with coordination on change management and cloud operation compliance topics. We work very close with all T&I product development teams according to the DevOps principles and have set-up our team in the SRE mode. On SAP level we drive and align process and tool improvements together with other cloud operation teams and all central teams.
For our T&I 24x7 Cloud Operations team in Sofia, we are looking for a 24x7 Incident and Problem Management Cloud Engineer.
You will work in our 24x7 Cloud Operations Team and will provide 24x7 Service/System Monitoring of the SAP Business Technology Platform and Cloud Integration. You will have the opportunity proactively drive continuous improvement of productive landscapes, coordinate incident management across the layers and development teams.
We are looking for open-minded talent with knowledge around PaaS (Platform), SaaS (Services), Infrastructure (IaaS) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Perform 24x7 Service/System Monitoring and Event Management
- Perform Incident Management and ensure customer SLAs
- Execute predefined steps (Recommended Actions) to resolve the incident
- Escalate major issues to the BTP Cloud Engineers or Development Teams
- Establish bridge calls to facilitate incident management when needed
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Execute Proactive Problem management
- Achieve effective results by engaging in continuous improvement activities
- Working with cross collaboration environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- ITIL knowledge in Incident Management and Problem Management processes
- Knowledge in cloud platforms, cloud infrastructures and cloud technologies
- Knowledge in Unix systems, Server & Virtualization technologies and Network architectures
- Working efficiently in emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills – precise, based on facts. Written and oral
- Affinity to monitor and quickly analyze and solve problems in a worldwide team setup
- Ability to work both independently and in team-based environments
- Adhere to the business ethics and the established internal rules
- Fluency in English
- ITIL Foundation Certificate is a plus
- Experience in scripting/development of automations is an advantage
- Knowledge in database administration, operations and support
- Experience working in a multicultural, worldwide team setup
- At least 2 years of experience in operations & software development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.