The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Our organization is building the SAP Cloud Platform that provides application development tools, frameworks and services to help you extend, integrate and build cloud applications. Our open enterprise platform with a cloud-native core allows you to choose from a variety of programming languages so that you can leverage your existing skillset and know-how.
Our team delivers differentiating capabilities of the Platform:
- the Connectivity service that provides connectivity among cloud and on-premise services and systems with SAP and non-SAP origin in an easy and secure way.
- the Destinations service that handles the overall experience in consuming the services and systems (authentication, user and principal propagation, configurations, service discovery and the like) both on-premise and on the Internet.
We serve 11.000+ customers globally and our services run across different data centers. We value technical excellence as much as teamwork, openness and trust – because besides colleagues, we are also friends.
We are looking for developers, who
- are creative, fast learners and open to understanding new technologies and paradigms
- love challenges and dive deeply into complex computer science problems
- are passionate for coding and enthusiastic about cloud technologies
- are serious about good development practices
Being our colleague, you will…
- research, design and develop cloud platform features
- advise, mentor and assist co-workers; help to build a great team
- collaborate with top engineers from around the world
- contribute to technical and architecture decisions
- consult and support some of the 11.000+ customers (many of them are large enterprises)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University education in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge in Java (preferred), Go or C++
- Knowledge in Linux, computer networks and concurrent programming
- Curiosity and track record for quickly learning new technologies, concepts and tools
- Good interpersonal skills and fluency in English
Preferred: qualifications (or curiosity, for early talents) in the following areas
- General: Cloud and high-scale computing, distributed systems
- Microservice development on hyper-scalers: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud
- Cloud Native Technologies: Kubernetes, KNative, Istio, Envoy Proxy, Docker
- Open Source: Netty, Apache HTTP client
- Development Tools: Git, GitHub
- Scripting: Bash, Python
1+ years of professional experience (students are welcome) for early talent candidates
5+ years of professional experience for senior candidates