The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Business Technology Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21st year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
To ensure that SAP products and cloud services are being developed and operated in a secure manner, the SAP Global Security (SGS) organization is responsible for the definition and enforcement of the SAP secure Software Development Lifecycle (secure SDL) process and the SAP Product Standard Security. As an additional step going beyond processes and requirements it is planned to harmonize security functions across our SAP software products and cloud services by implementing common security capabilities like key and secret management, data encryption, etc.
Within our international team, we practice a trust-based working model and are cooperating closely with other teams within SAP Global Security and SAP Business Technology Platform organizations.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- You are part of the team defining, specifying and implementing the Data Encryption Service to support SAP’s development to build and run secure products and cloud services
- You design and implement resilient security functionalities in SAP Business Technology Platform
- You collaborate closely inside the team and with other teams working on SAP Business Technology Platform
- You never stop learning and are willing to share knowledge and teach others what you have learned
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Science or a related discipline
- Understanding of cloud technologies and resilience patterns
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Very good verbal and written working proficiency in English
- Willingness to take responsibility to drive new developments and a high level of commitment
- Practical experience in contributions to open-source software projects
- Working experience in agile development
- Hacker mindset, security risk awareness and security know-how
- Knowledge of cryptography and software security
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.